Accommodation products are essentially for Project managers to present hotel(s) or other overnight accommodation options. Using the accommodation product to display accommodation instead of a standard product allows you to tidily display the room type, stay period, the number of rooms available per room type and prices. It is also possible to choose how the price is displayed on the offer.
CREATE AN ACCOMMODATION PRODUCT
When you have created your offer, you can start adding products.
Click the hotel symbol at the bottom (alt+3 on your keyboard) or if you have existing products click the three dots to drop an accomodation product into a specific row.
💡 Tip: Hold Ctrl and the hotel symbol to add an accommodation product and go straight into full product edit mode.
COMPLETE ACCOMMODATION PRODUCT INFORMATION
If you are not already in full edit mode, click onto the product name to open the following:
Project managers must define rooms, dates, and/or prices.
GENERAL & PRICING
- Add a name to the product that clearly states what the product is and make sense internally and to your customer. (For instance, the hotel name.)
- Activate on: Offer will be automatically checked. If you use forms and you want to reuse this product later on a form registration, you can check this option at any time to enable reuse.
- Product category: Product category can be amended here. (This may not be available in your office. Refer to your internal routines.)
- Name on invoice (optional): Only enter text here if you are using another product name on the invoice than the product name in Offer admin.
- Click Add room to expand the Rooms and Nights tab; here you can define the available room types and allotment for the accommodation product.
- Name: enter the name of the room type, example: Twin room
- Room position: If you have more than one room type, specify the order you would like the rooms to appear in in the offer.
- Guests per room: the number of guests that can stay in the room as per the hotel/accommodation policy. (Choose from 1-3 people. If you need to add more than 3 guests, then select 'more than 3 guests' and Qondor will allow you to manually type a number.)
- Click add night to present the number of nights available and that are part of the accommodation product.
- Enter the date (this is per night) and the number of rooms available as part of the accommodation product.
- Complete in and out prices, prices should be entered per room (not per person). You may need to add more than one price and article, for instance if the room is including breakfast and the VAT is calculated separately for the room and breakfast.
- In Price Settings select the relevant VAT article(s).
- Check the option to include VAT, if VAT is included within the inputted prices. If this option is not checked, then Qondor will calculate the VAT and add this to the price to be paid.
❕ Delete room will allow you to delete the room type.
❗ Delete will delete the whole acccommodation product.
Name on offer: If you want to display a different product name to your customer than the one used internally in Offer admin, you are able to enter text here.
Offer status (can also be set via Offer admin): This indicates the status of the product, as responded to on the offer. You can expand the dropdown if you need to override the product status on the offer. This could be in the case that you have received an answer from your customer by phone or email and you need to make the change yourself.
Published (can also be set via Offer admin): A checked box indicates if the product is published on the offer. Publish or unpublish the product from here.
Mandatory: If the offer cannot be accepted without this product, then you can choose to make the product mandatory by checking the checkbox. (The customer will be reminded to accept this product if they try to accept the offer without accepting the mandatory product.)
Hide price table: Enabling this will hide the price table along with the accept button. The room information will also be hidden. Only the image and description will be displayed. Check this option if you want to present this product as an information only product. (This option will not be available if the product is within a product group.)
Hide feedback section: This will hide the 'Send feedback to Project manager' part of the product. Customers will not able to comment on the specific product in the offer.
Display total price row: This is only recommended when the product has more than one priceline, for instance if there is more than one room type. If checked, this will display as the final row on this product and simply displays the total price of the accommodation. The text is in bold, making it easy for customers to view the total price.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
If the product has its own terms & conditions separate to the overall offer terms & conditions, then we recommend including this here. You can either manually enter the text or upload an existing file.
Most likely, your office will already be set up to display prices for accommodation per offer. However, if you need to change this, you can go to Offer Settings, disable "use office defaults" (located at the top of the settings page) and select the desired accommodation display price from the dropdown. (This setting is only applicable to Customer web.)
You can also configure whether you would like prices including or excluding VAT to show, along with total prices.
If you want to make your offer more visual and provide more information about the accommodation, then you can add images and a description here. We strongly recommend adding images to make your offer more appealing to engage customers and provide them with a better sense of what is being offered. Qondor has 5 image templates in Offers available for use, including an image slider (which alternates images automatically). All you need to do is select the template you'd like to use and upload your image(s).
💡 Check out the Image templates and image sliders article for tips on how to best present your images or include an image slider.
Introduction: Text entered here is displayed directly under the product name and images in the offer. (If using a product group, then this text will be hidden within a 'read more' button in the price table.)
Description: Text entered here is hidden within a 'read more' button and is useful for displaying less crucial information. This is also useful if you want to include more product information but want to keep the offer compact.