Cash flow is important in any project for necessary financial management. A frequent scenario is when bookers register on a Qondor registration form and project managers require payment for participation as soon as possible. Qondor enables payment by credit card for a speedy payment process, the only requirement is that the Qondor customer has a credit card processor set up for their office.
Qondor supports both DIBS and Netaxept as an online credit card processor. Here is a guide to what is required from a Qondor customer to set up credit card payment for their Qondor office(s).
SET UP CREDIT CARD PROCESSOR AGREEMENT
- A credit card agreement for online payments needs to be in place with the online payment processor. The contract is signed directly with no Qondor involvement.
- Agreement(s) with the credit card acquirer(s) needs to be in place to facilitate actual payment with chosen credit cards, such as VISA, MasterCard and American Express. Contracts are signed directly with no Qondor involvement.
DEFINE MANDATORY SETTINGS IN QONDOR
When agreements are in place, the information below needs to be registered for the Qondor office(s) in Office -> Settings -> Online payments.
To begin, the correct online payment processor must be selected.
To complete the setup for DIBS:
DIBS settings must be completed as per the screenshot below.
- DIBS merchant id identifies your DIBS merchant.
- DIBS test can be used to simulate the payment process with DIBS test cards. When an agreement with the payment processor is in place, the test mode must be switched off for real payments to be processed.
- Account can be used if you have multiple accounts under the same merchant id, and is set in DIBS own online admin interface.
- Login and Password are not the login details for DIBS admin, they are for the API user set in the DIBS admin interface. Setting a login and password enables Qondor to verify payment cancellations from DIBS.
- MD5 keys are not mandatory but strongly recommended and enables Qondor to verify that the callback for the payment is coming from DIBS and includes correct information. MD5 keys can be found in DIBS Admin, see own MD5 section below.
To complete the setup for Netaxept:
- Contact Qondor support to activate Netaxept for your office.
- Then, Netaxept settings must be completed as per the screenshot below. Qondor requires the Netaxept merchant ID and token.
- Netaxept test can be used to simulate the payment process with Netaxept test cards. When an agreement with the payment processor is in place, the test mode must be switched off for real payments to be processed.
DEFINE SETTINGS IN DIBS ADMIN
N.B. Information in this section refers to DIBS own interface, which may be updated without Qondor's knowledge.
Since DIBS is a Scandinavian payment processor, mentions of their interface menu items are in Scandinavian languages.
When signing a contract with DIBS, you will receive login for DIBS admin online. Some settings must be in place for the integration with Qondor to work.
It is possible to have several accounts in DIBS, so it is recommended to set up one for Qondor. Many of the settings mentioned below require correct selection of account in DIBS Admin. It is not mandatory with an account in DIBS admin.
Create an API user
The API user is required for Cancel requests. Payments will go through without it but is needed for Qondor to cancel payments on for example timed out bookings.
- In DIBS Admin, go to Oppsetting and Brukerstyring in the menu.
- Click the "API-brukere" tab and add a user with a login and password.
Name suggestion: qondor_api.
- Register the login (username) and password in Qondor Office settings, as mentioned in step 4. above.
To ensure the payment confirmation is received by Qondor from DIBS, the following callback settings must be completed.
- Go to Integrasjon -> Callback
- Tick off "Utfør gjentakende behandling i forbindelse med callback problemer." DIBS will then try to contact Qondor five times if the first callback fails, within a one hour time interval. If the booking times out, a cancel request is sent from Qondor to cancel the payment.
- Define an email address DIBS can send an email to if callback fails with information on the booking that must manually be cancelled in DIBS. This should be an address more than one person has access to.
Qondor requires more than the standard values to process a payment, so tick off the following under Integrasjon -> Returverdier.
- "Også orderid blir returnert"
- "Alle felter med unntak av kortinformasjonene blir returnert....."
MD5 keys are not mandatory, but strongly recommended to enable Qondor to verify that the callback for payment is actually from DIBS and includes correct information.
In DIBS, go to Integrasjon and MD5 keys. Copy the keys and register them in Qondor office settings as mentioned in step 5. above.
Note! Do not check "Perform MD5 control" in DIBS admin, this will cause the connection between Qondor and DIBS to fail.
TEST THE INTEGRATION IN QONDOR
Payments is serious business and you don't want anything to go wrong. Project managers also need to understand how bookers complete payment and how payments are documented. A complete payment test is therefore necessary before going live with real projects.
- Activate payment on a registration form
- Complete a booking by accessing the form as booker. (Go to Form builder --> right click the Live address url --> select open link in incognito/private window)
- Ensure the DIBS connection works as intended and the correct credit card types are available for payment
- Check that the payment is correctly registered on the booking in Qondor
- Make sure the credit card receipt is sent to the booker
- Check that the payment is correctly registered in DIBS Admin