Standard and Transport products are two types of products Project managers can use to enable registration of attendee preferences and details.
A Standard product is very flexible in its appearance and can be used in a variety of scenarios like registration for a workshop, an activity, a meeting room, a restaurant booking, and so on.
A Transport product can be used to offer booking of transport tickets like flight or train and can include a travel itinerary. Qondor supports a copy/paste from Amadeus and Galileo for flight information.
CREATE A PRODUCT IN FORM BUILDER
- Create a new product element by clicking the label icon. 🏷️
- Select new Standard product / Transport product under "Product" to create a new product or choose to add previously created products.
- If you create a new product, you will be directed to the full edit view, to complete the product information.
DEFINE PRODUCT INFORMATION
GENERAL & PRICING
- Add a name to the product that makes sense to you and your bookers.
- Total allotment (optional): This helps you to keep track of the total allotment you have reserved from the supplier. This is for your own information only and is not used to control bookings.
- Bookable allotment (optional): This number is the total allotment available for booking. When the number of product bookings reaches this number, additional bookers will not be able to book this product.
- Reserve allotment (optional): If you have enabled participant categories, the reserve alloment option will be available. This is useful if you want to reserve allotment for some categories to have control of the event and attendees. For example, you may have an allotment of tickets that needs to be reserved for each category or one specific category.
If your product has a price you want to display or be payable, then click Add pricing to set the pricing rules and who is responsible for payment.
Who is paying:
- If the Customer (company) is paying then select Customer (based on bookings)
- If the individual booker is paying then select Booker.
- It is possible to display prices if the product is payable by customer. (Enable this by selecting "Display price on form" under Form config.)
- If it is payable by the booker, the price is visible by default.
Product deposit (optional):
- Set a deposit amount, which the booker is required to pay. The deposit is not refundable.
- Learn more about activating payment here
- Learn about deposit payment scenario here
- Set VAT article(s) and in and out prices on your price line
- Advance/early bird pricing: Click on the green tab labelled "add date dependent price". Use this if you want Qondor to display one specific price for a defined time period, and another price for another time period. Define the date in the "Valid from" field to define when each price is available for bookers. Qondor automatically swaps prices based on the dates you set. Bookers get and pay for the price that is valid at the time of booking.
Learn more about Early Bird Pricing here
Refund rules (optional):
If payment is activated, all products are non refundable as default. Override this if needed by setting specific refund rules in individual & multi-booking refunds:
You can specify a fixed amount or percentage which your product can be refunded for, set a deadline for the refund and you can add several refund criteria. The amount can be whole or part of the product, dependent on your pricing strategy.
Please note: Qondor does not process the actual refund; Project managers must do this manually as per their accounting processes. Qondor will however update booking balances based on the refund rules.
SEGMENTS (Transport product only)
Click add segment to manually input time schedules.
Click paste Amadeus / Galileo flight data to import Amadeus or Galileo flight information (depending on which GDS provider you use. Office and Super admins can set the relevant GDS provider(s) for Project managers in Office settings).
FORM CONFIG (optional)
- Name on form: Choose the name you would like to display on your form. This is useful if you want to display a different name to bookers than in Admin web.
- Name on lists: You can also choose an alternative name for lists, perhaps one that is more familiar to your customers or suppliers. Read about creating and sharing lists here.
- Bookers can select more than one quantity of the product if disable name reporting is activated. Define the amount a booker is able to book in "max bookable quantity". If the max quantity is set to for example 4, a booker can select up to four quantities of the product, and if payment is activated, pay for these four. If this field is left empty, then the maximum bookable quantity will be equal to the number of participants within the booking.
- Override deadline for registration: If you have set a deadline for registration in Form settings, you can for this particular product override it with another date, prior to the main deadline.
- Display price on form: If 'to be paid by' is set to Customer, this setting controls whether the price is visible on the form. If 'to be paid by' is set to Booker, the price will always be displayed.
- Display allotment information on form: If you check this option, the booker can see the remaining allotment of the product on the form.
- Block product for certain categories: If you have more than one participant category, then you can block a category for booking this product if they shouldn't have access to it:
If you want to make your form more visual and your product more appealing and informative to the customer, then you can add images and a description here.
Learn about adding images here
If you need several questions answered on a product, define Form alternatives the booker can or must answer if booking it. See example below.
Here I want to know the booker's travel preferences, and gain more information if the booker selects the first option. I have inserted a Text field where the booker can type freely and a Drop down list for the booker to select from.
- Add a Description field if you want to be more informative
- You can add as many form alternatives as you like, and set whether each one is published and mandatory
- Re-position the alternatives by clicking the arrows.
When you click save on this product, you will be directed back to the Form Builder page.
❗ If "Disable name reporting:" is enabled, then you cannot use Form alternatives.
FORM BUILDER SETTINGS
To make the appearance of the product suitable to your audience and limit possible misunderstandings and questions, you have several options to adjust how the product is presented on the form. The screenshot below displays the different options, where I have set that the booker must actually answer the product with a yes/no answer.
- Product: This is the name the bookers will see on the form.
- Tick Hide if you do not want to display the product heading, then you can simply hide this from the form. Useful when you have no image or description on the product, to avoid repeating titles.
- Tick Override if you want to create a custom heading instead of using the default product name and enter the desired name.
- Mandatory: Select this if it is mandatory for bookers to select this product.
- Published to: Products are displayed to everyone by default. If you want an internal product for administration, select published to Project managers. If you do not want the product visible anywhere to anyone, but cannot or do not want to remove it, select visible to No one.
- Displayed on booking confirmation: Products are displayed on booking confirmations by default. Untick this if you do not want bookers to see the product in their confirmation. Useful for example in terms of GDPR where you need bookers to securely register personal data, but want it stored in Qondor only.
- Override quantity decisions: By checking this option, you can override the default booking questions ('Book x product / How many do you want to book?'). Simply enter your text into the Single Booking Question; if you have Multi Booking enabled, you can choose to complete this field.
- Single booker must provide answer: Check this option if you require a yes or no answer from the booker. You must complete the yes and no texts. Useful if you want to force the booker to submit an answer.