Each project in Qondor must have a customer, which is the company, organisation or other your customer contact person represents when contacting you with a request for an event or other requirement. When creating a new project, you must add at least one contact person connected to the selected customer.
This article details everything you need to know to get familiar with using the Customers module. Things we cover:
- Building a customer database
- How to create a customer
- Using Remarks to log important customer information or preferences (helping you to provide a more personalised experience)
- Search for customers
- Where to find a Project list for each customer
- Edit or delete a customer
- How to add custom invoice fields to customer's invoice specifications
BUILD A CUSTOMER DATABASE
When starting up, your customer base is empty and you can choose different approaches to build it:
- Manually register your largest and/or repeating customers before starting to work with projects.
- Manually register each customer when projects are created.
- Upload an Excel file containing the customers you want to add. Learn how here.
- Integrate Qondor with your back office system to import and sync customer data.
Navigate to Office -> Customers. Here you will find the customer list for your office. Click + New customer ⤵
Fill in Customer data and click Save to add the customer.
If your office has a customer master data integration from a CRM or another mid-office system like Navision or Antares, you will see an Import Customer button next to Customer name, where you can import customer information instead of registering details manually.
When creating new projects, a customer must be added. You can search to see if the customer already exists in Qondor. If it does, you can select it from the list:
If it does not exist, click Add customer to add it to your Qondor and the project you are creating.
You can add internal remarks on a customer, such as their travel preferences and invoicing information. These remarks are visible in Project details for all projects the customer is connected to. These can be edited directly in Project details by clicking the edit icon:
FIND A CUSTOMER
- If you have less than 100 customers, these customers will display automatically when you enter your Customer List.
- You can search for a specific customer by name, number, location or contact person.
- You can also search for customers by category. (If you haven't set up customer categories, you can do so from the Office Admin menu.)
- In Project Search (on your home page), search by customer name or number and projects for this customer will be displayed. In the Customer column you can also click the customer name and be directed to that customer:
PROJECT LIST PER CUSTOMER
On a customer, click View all projects for this customer and all projects for that customer will be displayed. This gives you a good overview of your customer's booking history with your company, and you may search the list just like on your home page:
From the Customer list, click on the customer name on the customer you would like to edit:
From Project details in a specific project, click edit on the customer:
In Edit customer, scroll to the bottom of the page, where there is a Delete customer button. A customer can only be deleted if it does not have any projects connected to it. To delete a customer with projects connected, you must go to Project settings in each of these projects and change to another customer. When the customer no longer has any projects connected, you can delete it.
ADD CUSTOMER INVOICE CUSTOM FIELDS
Invoice custom fields in Qondor can be used to add additional information to invoice specifications if any customers require this. Once added, these fields will be visible for Project managers to complete when creating invoice specifications for that particular customer. Learn how to add invoice custom fields here.