Using images to inspire and present an experience is essential in making sellable offers. Here are some key considerations when using images in Qondor:
- Scene: Remember to always see what is actually in the image before using it
- Copyrights: Are you allowed to use the image, or are there any copyright restrictions
- Size: Size matters. Larger images are for single descriptive scenes, smaller images are better when you have multiple images you want to use or a lot of text.
- Quality: Images with higher resolutions look better on high resolutions monitors (like iPad retina displays etc).
INSERT AN IMAGE INTO A PLACEHOLDER
Anywhere you see this icon it is possible to add an image to a placeholder. The icon appears when there is no image already selected. After clicking Add image, you have three options:
Search for images in existing projects
Qondor finds relevant images already used in your Qondor office. The search will automatically show images connected to the location and product name you are working with, but you can search for another location and/or a product name. Only images that will look good where you want to add it are displayed in the search results. Simply click use image on the one you want to use.
Upload an image file from your computer
Simply click to find a file stored on your computer or a common server. Once the image is upload to a project in Qondor, it can be found again by searching for images in existing projects.
Use an image URL from the web
You can paste an address to an image you have found on the web. Once the image is upload to a project in Qondor, it can be found again by searching for images in existing projects.
- In your web browser, open your image fully, then right click and select "Copy image URL". If you use Google Chrome as your browser, you can just select "Copy image".
- In the Image URL field in Qondor, paste the URL with CTRL+V, or if using Google Chrome paste it anywhere in the image dialogue using CTRL+V.
Qondor tries to include the part of the image most relevant for presentation. You can change this by cropping the image if the scene is not exactly as you want it to be.
- Select Crop with locked dimensions to make the image look the best on web.
- Select Crop freely to crop exactly like you want, then drag your mouse while clicking to make your adjustments. The cropper will tell you when the image will be too small for the selected location.
- Select Don't crop and Qondor will scale the image down to fit the location.
Click Select, and the image is added to the placeholder.
⚠ Note: Remember to save the page after you add the image to make the changes permanent.
💡Tip: We recommend only using Crop freely if you have an important reason to do so. As this is a flexible tool, it may be more difficult to resize the image appropriately. In most cases, Don't crop and Crop with locked dimensions are best to use especially when you have a row of images so that they are sized correctly and structured consistently.
EDIT AN ALREADY INSERTED IMAGE
In case you are not happy with the added image, you can always change it. Simply move your cursor over the image, then select upload to upload a new image, edit to edit the existing one or delete to delete the image.
INSERT AN IMAGE URL INTO A TEXT BOX/HTML EDITOR
Sometimes you might want to add images into text boxes. This is a less preferable and more advanced option, as it may be difficult to get the image exactly where you want it, in relation to the text and to adjust the image accurately. If you want to try, follow these steps:
1. In a textbox, select Insert -> Insert/edit image:
2. Add your image URL into the Source field:
Change your dimensions if needed, and click OK.
3. The image is added and you may drag the image to change the size.
- Always fill up any white space! You can see below that this does not look attractive:
- In a scenario like the above, you can fill in more text / information or either take away the image, especially if you have a long offer with several images already.
- If you are searching for images via Google, you can refine your search to ensure that you are not using any images with copyright restrictions. You can do this by expanding Tools, then under Usage Rights check 'labelled for reuse'.
- Making collages, organisational charts and drawings are easily done in programs like Powerpoint, Word or other sources. By copying drawn objects in these tools, it is actually stored as an image on the clipboard and can be pasted using CTRL+V into Qondor. This is perfect for making small adjustments to images, adding text to images and so on! Experiment and you will see!
💡 Check out our Image templates and Image Slider article to discover the different layouts and most effective ways to present your images.