When using Nets Easy, Worldline or Stripe as your Payment Service Provider in Qondor, you can perform a partial or full refund to a booker directly in Qondor including a complete VAT calculation. When performing refunds as described in this article, the refunded amount will be returned to the booker's credit card.
PERFORM A CREDIT CARD REFUND IN QONDOR
Mr. Mason Thomas has:
Purchased 2 tickets for a Festival and paid using credit card.
He has now requested a refund for 1 of the tickets.
The following guide will show you how to remove the product, add the ticket back to the available allotment, adjust the booking balance including the correct VAT articles, and refund the amount back to his credit card. 👇
1. Go to the relevant booking and click edit booking from the Booking Details page:
2. Reduce the number of tickets from 2 to 1 on the product in question:
3. On the Summary page, you must remove the NON-REFUNDABLE transactions for the products you would like to refund. This is indicated by an "X", click the X to remove it.
The transaction will be greyed out and the amount reduced to 0.00:
🔁Then you must confirm the booking again to save the change. Click confirm.
4. In the Booking Financial details the balance is negative and the online payment refund section is visible. Click Create under create an online payment refund.
This will adjust the booking balance and create the refund (refund goes back to the booker's credit card).
5. If the refund is successful Qondor will create a credit note, the payment will be Refunded, and the booking balance will be adjusted accordingly:
6. Note that no credit note email is sent to the booker automatically. If you would like, you can download the credit note in booking's Financial details, and attach it in an email to the booker.
STRIPE ACCOUNT SETTINGS TO ENSURE REFUNDS
To be able to perform a refund there has to be a positive balance on the Stripe Account. If the balance is negative the refund will be pending and can be a dispute payment after a certain number of days.
There are no fees to refund a payment, but Stripe’s fees on the original payment will not be returned in case of a refund.
More information about pending refunds due to insufficient funds
More information about handling negative balance in your Stripe Account
If you want to perform a manual refund, for example, refunding the booker to honour a discount you can do this through manually adding a negative additional payment.