You can locate Project Custom Fields under the Office menu. This is only visible for Super- and Office administrators.
There are five types of Project Custom Fields:
- Single-line text field: Collect an answer in a single-line free-text field.
- Multi-line text field: Collect an answer in a multi-line free-text field.
- Drop-down list: Collect a single answer from a drop-down list.
- Number field: Collect a whole or decimal number.
- Date field: Collect a date.
When you set a Project Custom Field, it is visible in Project settings under the Project retention policy setting.
You can choose if you want to make the fields mandatory or not. You can also name the setting and insert a help text so it is easier to explain the setting.
Use Project custom fields to report on values defined in custom fields, you can for example:
- Add a custom field to further categorise your Project, i.e. "Sport travel" or "Business travel"
- Add a custom date field to set other dates than Start and End date. i.e. "account closing date"
- Add a custom number field to keep track of the number of meetings that were required to confirm the project with your Customer
- Use our API to collect data from Project custom fields