During the onboarding of Qondor there are many tasks to be performed. Some of them are process orientated and some are technical orientated.
One of the first tasks is the email verification process. It needs to be done together with Qondor and with assistance from the onboarding customer's IT-department.
The same process needs to be performed if the domain changes or a new domain is added.
WHAT IS A DOMAIN
An email domain is the part of an email address that comes after the @ symbol, for example: qondor.com
REASONS FOR THE VERIFICATION
- Ensure a higher likelihood of emails being delivered to your customer's inbox and not to their spam folder when an offer, booking confirmation or payment receipt is sent.
- Ensure that the email shows the email domain and not "on behalf of <your email domain>"
WHAT NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED?
- Verification of a domain.
Domain verification is an essential step to ensure that the domain added is valid and that Qondor is allowed to send email using the domain.
- Sender Policy Framework (SPF)
SPF is a method to allow others than the domain owner to send emails through that domain. Senders not listed in the SPF record are considered as spam senders and emails from those senders will end up in the receiver’s spam folder or are likely to be blocked by the receiver’s email server.
- DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)
DKIM is an email authentication method that verifies that an email has been sent from the specific domain listed as sender.
HOW TO PERFORM THE EMAIL VERIFICATION AND SERVER SET-UP
Verification of a domain
- You as the "onboarding customer" sends a list including one personal email address per domain to be verified.
- Qondor sends a system generated email to the personal email address of the domain that needs verification.
- The email recipient forwards the system generated e-mail to their contact at Qondor who confirms the verification.
Sender Policy Framework (SPF) and DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)
- A Qondor employee will send an email with information to you as the "onboarding customer".
- The information email needs to be forwarded to an IT person who has access to the email servers.
- When all is set up, Qondor should be notified.
- Qondor will then perform a test to check that everything is running as expected.