TO DO A SUCCESSFUL IMPORT OF PARTICIPANTS
- The data must be in an Excel spreadsheet
- The data must be on the first sheet
- The first row must contain the column names
- First name and Last name are mandatory and must be in separate columns.
- Feel free to use our sample Excel spreadsheet as a basis for importing your data
Additional rules for other non mandatory columns:
- Gender: Accepted values: female, mrs, ms, miss, f and male, mr, m.
- Email: Must be a valid email address.
- Phone number: Must start with country code or have a country code in a separate column. Must be a valid combination of country code and phone number.
- Programs: If a program doesn't exist in Qondor it will be created.
- Country: Only English spelling will be imported successfully.
- Participant category: If you want to use categories, they must be created in Qondor before the import.
- Login code: If the participants need a login code to access a program, for example, the code must be unique per participant within a project.
- Dates and times: Format cells as Text so the data is imported correctly. View the Importing dates and times article to find out how.
You find Import participants in the top right corner of the Participants menu:
- Have an Excel file with the data you want to import (.xls and .xlsx are supported formats)
- Upload the file
- Map the columns to import the data to Qondor (see example below):
- Status: Choose if you want to import your participants as Attending or Potential
(Potential is mostly used when you want to invite participants to book through a registration form).
- Gender: This column is automatically mapped as it matches Qondor's standard field.
- Passenger First Name: Since it doesn't exactly match Qondor's standard field "First Name" you have to select it from the dropdown list.
- Passenger Last Name: Since it doesn't exactly match Qondor's standard field "Last Name" you have to select it from the dropdown list.
- DOB: Choose "Do not map" or create a "New custom field" to import the data from this column.
- Email: This column is automatically mapped as it matches Qondor's standard field.
If your import fails because you have not mapped the columns correctly or there are invalid data in your Excel file, you will be taken to an "Import failed" page. It will show what you need to correct in order to succeed with the import. From this page, you are able to upload a new Excel file or go back to change the column mapping. See example below of a failed import: