WHY USE TASKS IN QONDOR
When handling projects, you probably have several tasks to remember to do at various times. Use Qondor tasks to for example:
- Stay organised by keeping it all in Qondor, where you work every day
- Keep deadlines to avoid losing potential sales with customers and allotment temporarily reserved at suppliers
- Invoice when required
- Name report to suppliers or free allotment to avoid unnecessary costs
- Add, categorise, view, edit and complete tasks from anywhere in Qondor
- Assign tasks to colleagues
- View tasks for yourself, your team or a particular colleague
- Add general tasks or attach it to a specific project
- Receive an email reminder on the day a task is due (you only receive one email per day and you will only receive reminders for your own tasks)
- Simply click the task icon on the main menu to add a task:
2. Register task name and due date. If you add it when active in a project, the task will automatically be connected to that project. If you want to link the task to a particular page in Qondor, you can link the task to the page you are adding the task from by clicking "set to current page", see below. When viewing your task you can then save time by navigating directly to the right page in the project to complete your task.
3. Click add task. The task will now be added to your task list.
The day a task is due, you receive an early morning email displaying tasks that are due that day. Note that you do not receive emails for overdue tasks. When clicking on the task link you will be sent directly to the task list in Qondor. If you click on the project link you will be directed to the Project details page.
VIEW TASK LIST
When you click "Go to task list" in the Add task menu, you will see your tasks. If you access the list from a specific project, only tasks connected to that project will be displayed. As you can see below you can filter the page to view exactly what you are looking for. You can also reset your filter by clicking "Clear" to the right. Qondor remembers your filter next time you view the task list.
Under "Assignee" choose to view your own tasks, all your team's tasks or all tasks in your office. Filter on due date and/or a specific project if you wish.
GO TO THE PAGE WHERE YOU CREATED THE TASK
If you "linked to current page" when creating the task, click the link icon on the task in the task list to access that page.
ASSIGN A TASK TO A COLLEAGUE
When adding a task, it will automatically belong to you. It will be displayed as your task in the task list and you will receive an email reminder when it is due. To assign a task to someone else, click "Show advanced fields" when creating or editing the task, write your colleague's name in the "Assignee" field and select the right name:
CONNECT A TASK TO A SPECIFIC PROJECT
If you register a task when active in a project, the task will automatically be connected to that project. If you want it connected to another project, you can start typing the project number or name in the "Project" field and select it from the drop down list.
When adding a task you can define a task color. The standard task color is light blue but can be changed. Your office can for example define certain colors to certain types of tasks, like Red = deadlines, Blue = name reporting, Green = invoicing, and so on.
EDIT A TASK
In the task list, click the edit icon on the task, edit the details as you wish and click "Save task".
FIND A COLLEAGUE'S TASKS
In the task list under the "Assignee" filter, choose Custom. You will then see all users in your office so select the one(s) you want to view tasks for and click "Apply filter".
SET A TASK AS IN PROGRESS OR COMPLETE
When creating a task the default status is To do. To change the task status to reflect where you are in the process, simply use drag & drop to move the task from the To do column to the In progress or Completed column.
Task manager filters out tasks that are completed more than 14 days ago, so a task that is set to completed will no longer display after this time has passed.
DELETE A TASK
In the task list, click the edit icon on the task, scroll down and click the delete icon to the bottom right. You will get a delete warning to make sure you actually meant to delete the task.